The USB3S2SAT3CB USB 3.0 to SATA adapter cable lets you connect a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive or solid state drive to your computer through an available USB port. The cable supports UASP, allowing for transfer speeds up to 70 per cent faster than conventional USB 3.0, which enables you to utilise the full potential of your SATA III SSD/HDD, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See the UASP testing results below for further details.
This portable, cable-style adapter makes it easy to swap between hard drives without having to install your drives in an enclosure and features a lightweight design with no external power required, for easy storage in a laptop bag or carrying case.
Improved performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above) and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70 per cent faster read speed and 40 per cent faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also shows an 80 per cent reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure and a SATA III solid state drive.
USB 3.0 to SATA 2.5″ HDD Adapter Cable
- Connect a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive to your computer using a portable cable with UASP support
- Compatible with USB 3.0 computer systems with USB 3.0 computer systems
- USB SATA adapter/SATA to USB 3.0 Converter/USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter/USB 3.0 to SATA III Converter/HDD SSD adapter cable/6 Gbps
- Use with an SSD drive to externally upgrade your laptop hard drive via USB 3.0
- 1 Year replacement warrenty