iMac has always harnessed the latest technology – and taken it further – to make the ultimate all-in-one better and better. And the Retina display is a testament to that. We pushed the limits of pixel density so you can see everything with pinpoint accuracy. We questioned every method of integrated design to achieve a remarkable level of fit and finish. The result? A beautiful, impossibly thin display of colour and contrast – and zero compromise. Every millimetre of the Retina display was designed, engineered and built to the most exacting standards. Something that 14.7 million pixels makes exceedingly clear. As does a 1.4mm thin display panel designed around the human eye – so every interaction feels as natural as can be. It’s that attention to detail that inspired the all-new 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display. And just like the Retina 5K display, it delivers a larger colour palette with more accuracy. Many of the brilliant, unique colours you see in the real world never make it to your screen. A wider colour gamut makes more of these real-life colours available on the Retina display. A striking 25 per cent more. So whether it’s a sunset at the beach or your favourite football team’s shirts, you’ll see them just as you saw them – on a display that’s more vibrant than ever. Engineering the Retina display involved the precise calibration of 23 layers that make up a display panel that’s just 1.4mm thin. And out of that process we made advancements to improve not only the resolution but also the quality of the entire iMac display. So in addition to the incredible detail, you’ll see blacker blacks, more vivid colours, and images that practically jump off the screen.
- Apple iMac All-in-One PC
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) Retina 4K display (4096×2304) with IPS technology
- Intel Core i5 (3.1GHz) Quad-Core Processor
- 8GB of 1867MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 1TB (5400 rpm) Hard Drive
- Newest Version
- 4K Retina display: With over nine million pixels on show, the 4K Retina display on 21.4-inch iMac is a dazzling experience that you have to experience to really understand how stunning it is. Designed to ensure that your eyes won’t be able to discern individual pixels from a normal viewing distance, images take on a new level of realism, while text is sharp and clear. Colours on the Retina display are rich and vibrant, while a high contrast ratio makes blacks appear blacker and whites whiter.
- Lifelike images are brought to the smaller screen. For the first time Apple has built its 21.5-inch iMac with a Retina 4K display and a resolution of 4096 x 2304, which equates to a total of 9.4 million pixels. This is more than four times the number of pixels available in the standard 21.5-in iMac models. To further enhance its impressively thin edges and sleek curves, the 21.5-inch iMac with a Retina 4K comes with updated Apple Magic accessories to make Apple’s small-scale powerhouse an object of pure beauty.
- Fifth-Generation Intel Core i5: The fifth generation Intel Core i5 processor will handle whatever you throw at it, allowing you to multi-task and work on intensive applications without experiencing any lag. Applications run faster and more efficiently than before. So everything you normally do on a computer you can do even quicker. Send email, write reports, create presentations, touch up photos, edit home movies and all the little (and big) tasks in between. The i5 uses the Intel HD Graphics 6000 GPU to ensure visuals are smooth whether you’re playing a game, watching a video or editing a photo.
- Sleeker wireless accessories: An extra sprinkle of fairy dust has been added to the wireless accessories to give them all a more spellbinding shape. The Magic Keyboard has had the cylindrical battery section removed, allowing it to lie completely flat. A similar design update was given to the Magic Trackpad 2 by making it white all over for matching aesthetic results and with the functionality to support Force Touch gestures (same as MacBook Pro). The Magic Mouse 2 is lighter yet sturdier and designed with an optimised base for a smoother glide.